Galaxy Scorpion Twin - info request

Any info or tips regarding control surface movements or flying characteristics greatfully received.
27/03/07 - update maiden flight made, great to fly with both engines running. Rudders not very effective - anyone any experience with this?
04/03/07 New rudders have had desired effect. Photo's I upload some days ago have not appeared yet.

• 1 month later...
Advert

• 2 weeks later...
Gareth,

At least you saw it fly!

The maintenance schedule following rigidy testing may take a little while.

Hopefully it will be airworthy soon.

Oh also - let me have your email address next time I see you - the club list is very hard to read and I think that is why none of my emails seem to be reaching you.

Bye, Ian

Too right and one of the modifications will be to fit bigger fuel tanks I think I'm only goping to get 8 minutes out of the ones fitted at present. Another modification will be to re-instate the steerable nosewheel - that's all it would have needed to prevent it from rolling into the battery box the other day, fortunately no harm was done but just taking out a prop could have ended the day's flying unnecessarily.

Not everyone agrees with me but I think learning to land properly is far better than locking off the nosewheel. The gains of having this steering by far outweighs the losses of nose legs and fuselage noses. Many new flyers damage this steering mechanism because of landing nose heavy and sometimes this is caused by setting the CG too far forward. The advice "better a little nose heavy than tail heavy" tends to end up as being nose heavy is OK, well it isn't. It makes the final glide and in some case the flare for a gentle landing impossible. Some people even convert to tail draggers so they don't damage the nose leg which by the sheer absence of a noseleg is bound to work (even if it does nose over & stick the prop in the strip) but anyone who can actually do a proper three pointer on a tail dragger should be able to land on a tricycle under carraige easily.

Anyway the "maintenance" isn't too serious but will take a good few hours to do properly and as you will see in due course, I have a few other things in the development hangar at the moment so delays are inevitable.

Have you had a look at www.forum.scrcs.co.uk yet?