DH Beaver

Advert

Hi Phil,

I bought this Beaver from HK and I am not that happy with it. It is a VQ model and looks really nice but it's poorly thought out and mine had quality issuse like the struts have nothing to attach to. I have flown the beaver and it does fly well and jumps off and on the deck. It may work better in its electric form as mine is IC the magnetic cowl vibrates loose in flight. It's also a fairly awkward artf to build because the access for mounting servos is only through the detachable windscreen and the wing servo holes are for mini servos not std. It looks and flies well with or without struts but I wouldn't buy it again or reccomend it.

Edited By Tony H on 13/06/2013 22:06:22

Edited By Tony H on 13/06/2013 22:09:55

Posted by WolstonFlyer on 13/06/2013 21:54:22:

Hi Phil

Does this help - a floating Beaver - lots of information.

**LINK**

(it is a safe link, honest)

Edited By WolstonFlyer on 13/06/2013 21:56:35

Something to read there then James

Thanks for your feed back Tony the issue with the strut mounting points is disscussed on the HK site under the disscusion tab on the product page seems they're hard to find but are there captive nuts hidden under the film and not quite where the instructions say

Phil

The instructions don't mention them at all, you can't see them from inside the fuse as the servo tray is in the way and there is no markings on the outside either.Even if you get close to where they should be you still can see or feel them. You'd have to cut and peel back large sections of covering film to find them. Also you can't easily use the pilot detail unless you want to leave the wings on all the time!

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 13/06/2013 22:11:24:

Sorry chaps - the thread title was right on the edge of what is acceptable - but the resulting inuendo it gave rise to just had to go!

BEB

Hmm been moderated !!!! 1st time ever on any forum lol,

seriously though, sincere apologies BEB, I really didn't think and to be fair the response took me by suprise. Though in my defence there are, or were, some similarly worded thread titles from a bit back.

Nice to have that info Tony something to watch out for still not made my mind up on this or possibly the smaller version (40" WS I believe)

Phil