Torxpower prop adaptor grommet failure

scott finnie

I have purchased 8 of these not so cheap motors as back ups for my Droidworx cx4, i was flying today with one replacement motor when there was a high pitch squeel, i knew that something was seriously wrong and then it started to oscilate badly, i had limited control so decided instead of attempting to bring it back towards me and spectators i then ditched it into a bush! Luckily no damage but the strange thing was one of the props had come off, i eventually found it along with prop adaptor! At home now ive been inspecting all and found that all 8 grommets that hold the adaptor on have small cracks in them, i thought maybe its been myself over tightening them but nope the ones that are still in boxes are all cracked too! Just been off the phone to Quadc!!!!!! and they said it must of been a bad batch but they had had several complaints last month, i explained that i needed replacements asap and i once they arrive i'll send back the old units, no they said! Ive been told to send them all back and they will inspect them within 2 weeks! 2 weeks i said huh? nope i wont be sending them back, ive ordered 8 tiger motor replacements from another NICE model shop, i find it shocking that these people knew there where serious issues with the quality of there products but still selling them. Anyway enough of my rant, normally quite a happy person but just wanted to let use all know to avoid these motors at the moment, ashame since the rest of the motor is superb and the best ive flown with  

http://quadcopters.co.uk/torxpower-3548-pro-super-heavy-lift-motor-760kv-454-p.asp

Happy flying all

Edited By scott finnie on 19/06/2013 16:26:51

Advert