Tiger Moth power plant.

Levanter

I am pricing up a short kit Tiger Moth. The wingspan is 60" Weight is approximately 8lb and as far as I can work out the wing loading is in the region of 17oz per sq ft. The figures state 60 - 90 two stroke and 80 - 90 four stroke which seem a bit low to my from what I have read on other threads. I would like to fit a four stroke and have lively performance potential but nothing outrageous so would a 120 four stroke be more realistic? Does anyone know of an inline twin around this capacity? Finally what sort of size propeller would be a good compromise?

Advert

80-90 fs on a 60" span tiggie. seems a bit ott to be honest. i'm in the process of finishing a DB tiggie of 59" span and sticking a saito 50fa four stroke in it.

used to have a similar sized cirrus moth with a 52 fs in it and used to fly comfortably at half throttle.

a 120 would more than be ott.probs rip wings off in a full throttle steep dive and pull out!!

rob.

I've got the large perkins Tiger Moth. About 78" span. That flies very well on an ASP 91 fs. It will, in fact, loop from level flight with this power plant! I wouldn't have thought you'd need any more than a good 60 size four stroke at most.

Andy