Will a phoenix sim and a DX6i do what i want ???

Mouse

Yesterday I was at the wheels n wings show and saw that several of the traders had Phoenix sims and dx6i for people to have a go on, I was very impressed by the graphics and several members of the public I spoke to said the combo was a very good one and recomended it to me.

I then went to the horizon hobbys stand to ask if it would do what what I wanted and the person I was trying to talk to seemed not to be interisted in me and in the end just walked away, not what i would call customer service. So I thought I would ask here as quite a few people seem to use it. I have a riot trainer and a F 45  heli both from Century uk and I would like to use the transmitter for both of them as well as the sim. will this work or do i need extra bits ect, or will the transmitter be to complicated for someone that is just starting out ???

Thank you Mouse

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 30/06/2013 13:46:40

Advert

Welcome to the forum Mouse......thumbs up

I don't have either a Phoenix Sim nor a DX6 so probably not the best person to advise but yes a DX6 is a good "starter" transmitter & will certainly control your Riot......I'm not sure about the heli functions on the DX6 so maybe wait for someone better informed than me. Both models will need a compatable receiver in them for the DX6 to control them....Spektrum oiffer a wide range of receivers & there are many 3rd party receivers around.

Poor showing by Horizon Hobby....they are usually renowned for their great customer service...you muxt have got him on a bad day....

Hi and thank you for the replys.

good point about the heli, i will have to get onto century and ask them, the other problem that has just come to light is that i tried to download a demo from phoenix to see if it will run on my p.c but it will not install properley, a google search shows this is not a uncommon problem but i have not been able to fix it even when using a download from microsoft.

more confused then ever, Mouse.

• 2 months later...

I have used Phoenix 4 for some time. The only issue can be your graphics set up. The download is a demo it will not run under your control, if it runs it means your computer will run the full version. I use a DX6i with mine the adapter comes with the correct cable for this.