Repairing and filling EPP

Matt Watts

Hello chaps! It's been a while.

So after nearly a year's break, I'm starting flying again with my Flyingwings Raven. Thing is, it's got a CG much further ahead than it should be. I moved the battery back last year, but that necessitated cutting extra EPP out of the airframe.

I'll need to cut more out to move it back even further, but I want to do so without compromising structural integrity. What materials would you reccomend for filling and reinforcing the gaps where the battery used to be sitting?

Humble thanks in advance for your assistance.

Advert

Hi, I would probably fill the area with a bit of sheet EPP (because I have some) or look for a firm foam packing material that is not EPS, some electrical goods come with EPP like packing bits of foam in the box, then glue it in place with hot glue or UHU Por.

I would then look at the online plans for the new raven at the flying wings website and copy their idea of a thin lite ply battery plate with a velcro strap under it. This ply plate could me made long enough to cover over the repaired area and make it stronger. It also means you do not need to cut out any more EPP and you will have some room to move the battery about to find the C of G using velcro stuck to the ply plate and your LiPo

Or looking at their website they have a sale on and a basic raven wing kit is 20 pounds plus delivery

**Link**

Edited By WolstonFlyer on 07/07/2013 18:48:56

• 2 weeks later...