MIA MPG-Ultralight -Tri Bladed

This is the MIA Pusher Gyro -Tri Bladed Version, a fun lightweight 4 ounce model, original design dates a few years, the dual bladed version, slow fly also. This is one is more lively and flies higher on only 2 lipols 360 mah cells. The frame is basswood and FG plate and foam tails. The body is vac formed part of an earlier MPG. The Blade airfoil is same as I used on the 2000 Robin 280, MIA Bmmble Bee, adn House FLY RC  Micro helis as well as the MIA Trainer Gyro of 2007.  Typically the rule of thumb for blade aspect ratio is around 10-12 to 1, but depending on solidity, thickness, and airfoil shape, one can get away with higher aspect ratios. I like my blades thin and long as they approximate a more realistic look, especially for dual bladed. But they are tricky to get them just right. CNC machining them is great but they take a long time to machine. I had a tool made for the blade when I produced them for the Robin 280 heli, bu it was after two trial tools and after measuring the lift for a givem amp draw that the final tool was selected and made. Still use the 1" chord blade making tool after more than 10 years. The tool has paid off tenfold.

Edited By Mario I. Arguello on 10/07/2013 05:59:30

Edited By Mario I. Arguello on 10/07/2013 06:06:26

Edited By Mario I. Arguello on 10/07/2013 06:09:05

Advert