EDF Installation

I have just ordered a 64-mm T-45 kit from Hobbyking which already has an edf unit installed. I have a 4000kv inrunner that is already in a fan that is from a crashed Jetiger that I want to use in the T-45. The thing is, I don't know how to take the motor out of the edf unit... Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Advert

Posted by Allan Bennett on 26/07/2013 20:12:34:

Usually you have to first get the impellor off the motor shaft, which may mean removing the spinner and then the main nut that holds it on. Once that's off you'll have access to the smallish bolts that are holding the motor into the housing.

Thanks for the reply! How would I remove the spinner? By pulling it off?

On my edfs (not the same brand as yours) the spinners are retained by a screw in their centre, which screws into the end of the prop shaft adapter. If there's nothing obvious on yours, it may just be a snap-fit, or it may itself be threaded so it screws off. I would try twisting it first to see if it's threaded, then a bit of careful prying with a blade to see if it's a snap fit.