Bixler motor.

I have just received my Bixler 1.1 kit from HK UK. Their recommended brushless motor, Turnigy SK3 2822 -1740 Kv, which I ordered at the same time is about 7mm too short.

As I no longer have a workshop this is a nuisance.

Anyone suggest a suitable cheap motor that I can fit straight into the plane without cutting wood, ordering special bolts or spacers?

Not looking for a more powerful motor as I am restricted to a park for flying, early A.M.

Advert

No reply from HobbyKing. I found an alternative but HK have no stock of the propdrive for it. sad

So I have lost patience and ordered another suitable motor from a Hong Kong supplier I have used before and is reliable. I usually get deliveries in 4-10 days.

It might be convenient to have a warehouse in this country, but if they will not answer emails and live chat concerning orders, I will go elsewhere.

I think that I should have used the word HobbyKing in my title! Might get more attention.

After another 16 minutes wasted trying to contact 'Daisy' I have given up for now.

This is the non-fit of the motor supplied. Very unimpressed with HobbyKing

Hi! searching Hobby King and the forum under "Bixler" I found that the motor ordered by another buyer was 2826-6 2200Kv length 41 mm. with the 2822 motor there is a long and short, with the short being 22mm in length, perhaps you've received a short motor?? Ted

Ted, if you go to the UK site and search for Bixler and click on the Bixler kit option (no electrics), on the top line, there is the usual nicely presented picture of the plane, below that is a description of the plane and its price.

Below that there is a small grey picture where it says recommended motors. Click on that and the picture turns blue and a photo of SK3-2822-1740 comes up. (Which looks like mine) - So I ordered that exact motor by clicking on it........

As I had never seen a Bixler in the flesh before and had no idea of how the motor was mounted, what it was mounted to, what the bolt spacing was I went with their recommendation.

I have spent a lot of money with HobbyKing over the years, mainly because they have a big choice of products and their website makes it easy to choose and buy. Having read of problems that other people have been having with them, next time I will be using their website to compare specifications, make choices, then buy elsewhere. no

If I did, take it that way the 6" propeller that comes with the kit would be touching the tailboom. As I thought that HobbyKing might have the manners to answer my many attempts to communicate with them and discuss it promptly I thought that they might exchange the motor for a more suitable one straight away and I wouldn't have to mess about. I didn't know if I was going to be using a 5", 6" or 7" propeller until I tried it with a WattMeter.

The point is that I bought this thing so that I could use the servos, ESC, batteries out of the small stock I have retained and just drop their 'recommended' motor in without fiddling about. If I had bought it a couple of years ago when I had the room and the equipment to do so I would have just adapted it with a block of wood or longer bolts and spacers

I have had a reply. To remedy, HobbyKing say 'I would go for the easier option and glue the motor to a piece of wood'! OR they expect me to buy one of their metal motor mounts. OR buy a different motor - from them of course.

(In the meantime I have had to shorten the supplied rudder pushrod and make a new 'Z' bend in it because it was much too long.) sad

I'm not wasting any more time on trying to communicate with them.