New Spektrum DX9

Robin Kearney

Advert

I missed them from an old futaba set I had and used them for variable landing flaps and would you beleive making a pilot wave in a scale glider I had.

I like being able to access additional controls whilst leaving thumbs on the sticks but I would like to feel one before I commit to ordering.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from the voice telemetry which will be a great upgrade from the DX8 surely the best feature is the inbuilt Sequencer which will enable you to programme gear doors and retracts to work in the correct order, or flaps/landing lights etc with variable time delays built in.

see the tutorial below for how this is set-up on the DX18, it should be the same on the DX9.

• 1 month later...

John,

Unfortunately you have to do them manually from scratch using dx8 values as a start point. Somewhat time consuming. Hopefully there will be some downloadable ones on the Spektrum Community website before long because I'm dreading setting up my Radion Pro. I think its because the software is more DX18 based than DX8.

Having seen the screen of the DX18 it would be a pain for me as I need reading glasses. The slightly larger screen print of the DX8 is just readable without glasses, and makes changing models, for instance, much easier. It was of some comfort to realise that I am not the only one down at our club with the same problem.

Does the DX9 have the same size lettering as the DX8 or the DX18?