HS 85 MG Servo compatibility with AR 8000

Tim Cheal

Can anybody help me with this rather odd problem.

I am setting up a Seagull Grob Tutor, which needs micro servos on the ailerons. I have purchased 2 HS 85 MGs for the ailerons.

If I connect one HS85MG to my Spektrum AR8000 receiver all works well, but if I connect 2 both stop working - erratic responses and apparent interference between the 2. The same happens to any combination of servos on the AR8200, three servos (HS 311s for what its worth) work fine in any combination, but as soon as I plug in either HS 85 MG the system becomes erratic and doesn't work. I tried a Tower micro servo and that worked fine.

If I plug one or both of the HS 85 MGs into an AR6210 no problem.

I note when they bind the AR8200 uses 11msec, the AR6210 uses 22 msec. Is this a compatibility issue?

Does anyone have any ideas if I can fix this, or what micro servos I should replace them with that are strong enough and that will work??

Many thanks in anticipation.

Tim

Advert

It's a DX8 so that is very useful.

Thank you.

I have seemingly changed the frame rate to 22msec, but that does not solve the problem. But, if I select 22ms from the frame rate menu (and as it happens I can select DSMX or DSM2 as well) it binds at 2048/11 msec DSM2 to the AR8000 whatever.Thus the setting of the frame rate doesn't seem to make any difference. I have followed the manual, but perhaps there is more to it!

Tim

OK Everyone can relax.

Looks like problem solved by a new battery! I thought the 4.8v cell I was using was working well, but I have just connected the 6.0v cell that I have charged up and all works fine. Strange that all worked with the AR6210, leading me to false conclusions.

Oh well, don't tell the missus about the 2 X HS 82 MGs I ordered!!

Tim