Model Identification.

kevin b

imgp1468.jpg

I have recently bought a "job lot" of airframes, engines and other bits and pieces. Being a "born again" modeller means I fully appreciate the inevitabilities whilst relearning to fly. The idea being to minimise the cost, both financial and emotional during the learning curve.

Restoration number 1. No problems here, a straight forward 40 size trainer. Now totally rebuilt and ready for me to fly, once I have mastered the engine.

Restoration number 2. A 1640mm (64.5ins) low winger, which the previous owner (quite a competant pilot and instructor) says will be most suitable as a follow on trainer. So the restoration is ready to start. However I failed to get the name of the model, so i am hoping someone out there can identify it for me. This is also going to be a full rebuild as the fuelproofing left a little to be desired, though accident damage is minimal, apart from the undercarriage.

kevinb.

Advert

Yes it does look like a Galaxy design, but the rear of the cockpit is a lot further forward (in line with the wing trailing edge) than the Magician. It looks like a kit build, so did they modify it at any time ? I'm sure the seller told me it was a magician. It isn't a Scorpion and is also a tail dragger with a castoring wheel at the back.

kevinb.

Edited By kevin b on 12/08/2013 08:19:53