size/pitch for thurst (not speed) & braking

andyh

I have a wot-4 foam-e & am musing over a good prop choice ...

I'm after good static/low-speed thrust & quick acceleration, plus some decent prop braking power-off

I believe the model comes with an 11x8 as standard, & this provided a decent amount of oomph & vertical performance (before I broke it). I replaced it with an APC 11x7 & now it has noticably less vertical performance & static thrust, although the acceleration is still pretty immediate

I appreciate that on electric the motor will be pulling less power due to the lower prop-loading, vs. IC where you might get better performance with the same prop change as it would allow the engine to rev higher

so, I was thinking, 12x7? 13x6? bigger prop moving more air, although less fast = similar/better static/low-speed thus & more prop-braking power-off? I'm not interested in speed, quite the reverse

any thought welcomed

Andy

Edited By andyh on 25/09/2013 20:11:18

Advert

on watt meter when you get it and put a pull scales with strap tail connected to wall to see how much pull you get

try 11x 6 and below and go up to 12x5 12x4 don't think your be able to go 13x4 right it all down and keep it for future Reffence

for less speed go down in pitch up in length and don't forget to make sure you got ground clearance