Galaxy Models

FWAL

Advert

Posted by Redex on 19/05/2020 09:31:08:

Just finished building the Musketeer converted for electric - yet to maiden though.

I built a pair of electric ones, one of my favourite planes, quite a few years old now. I built 2 because I had just learned to fly, and this was my first low winger and I didn't expect it to last long. I still have them both. Really tough planes. If you have a look on the Pegasus Models website, there is a picture of the pair of them.

I built the interior layout of the fus differently so that there was a horizontal tray from the engine bulkhead to just behind the wing. At the nose, the 4S 3000 battery sits, with the ESC under the tray. Further back sit 2 11g metal geared servos and the receiver. The whole of the top of the fus back to the wing lifts off for dead easy access to the battery and electronics.

The only real building difficulty was joining the two veneer covered foam wings. This takes some very careful lining up to ensure there are no twists.

Balances well with no weights in it.