Balance point for VMAR Jodel400

Advert

Many thanks. It will need lots and lots of lead if it is the root of the wing next to fuselage. At this moment it was balance at 1/3rd from the main part of the wing. The root is about an inch forward than the main part of the wing.I will use a car tyre lead from the garage. Already used lots of model lead. Many thanks. htin.

• 1 month later...
Hi htin, I've only just read this thread. The Jodel in RCM&E was reviewed by me. The balance point on mine is 3" back from the leading edge on the straight section of the wing. You shoud be able to feel a spar just in front of the undercarriage mounting....just there. Mine is 3.85kg ready to fly and is still flown regularly.
You may find on a grass strip that the undercarriage will eventually pull out. The spars are strong enough it just looks as though not enough glue was used, once repaired they have never come off again. Lovely stable model to fly and looks good in the air.
Neil

• 1 year later...

Hi Neil, a quick question for you. I've just got hold of a DR400 and test flew it this week with an ASP70 up front. It flew very except there seems to be a general yaw to the left. I noticed in the instructions that there was no provision for engine offset like you get with a lot of models (e.g. 2 degrees etc.). Can you advise whether or not I need some offset or do I have another problem? many thanks ...

Les

• 1 month later...