Built up wing.

I'm part way through building a built up wing for a Flair Piper Cub. I glued in all the outboard ribs and allowed to dry. At this stage the wing was completely flat. At this stage I removed the wing from the board, as I didn't want it damaged while I completed another task (I have limited space). Today I placed it back on the board to complete the gluing of the inboard ribs ( all half ribs). Prior to this I noticed that it had acquired a slight twist (about 1/8 of an inch). When I apply the top sheeting will this correct this washout if I glue it in place whilst pinned down flat or would I be better off steaming it out prior to sheeting?

Advert

Hmm... its not a lot... Is it a consistent warp, or is it just a few ribs? Am I right in thinking that at present all you have is the ribs, spar, LE and TE?

If that's the case, I might be inclined to try what you suggest, by pinning and sheeting it.... making sure you can get the pins out after you have completed the sheeting!

You could try dampening the structure and pinning down to dry out before sheeting it.