Depron Vulcan for EDF

pete taylor

Hi all, just a quick post to get the thread going and update a couple of folks on progress to date.

Posted by Electriflier on 10/12/2013 21:33:29:

In fact, I'm noticing that there are other depron builds that have gone very quiet too........you know who you are

Thanks to Electriflier I've got a superb set of drawings to work from and with his advice and that from Depron Daz, I've got a large pile of cut parts ready to commence building as soon as I get some 1mm ply to use for the edf thrust tubes that will be structural in my version.

HOWEVER! as often is the case I've been temporarily distracted from the Vulcan as I'm putting together the prototype of an edf TSR 2 for 70mm fans for Greenair Designs and I must say that I'm quite excited by this minor deviation!wink Shouldn't take too long.

Pictures of both to follow very soon.

Pete

Advert

Pete.....
Good to hear and thank you for updating us.smiley
With regards to the tubes, have you considered artists card? Lovely and shiny, far cheaper, tough and once glued in place within the fuz' will be stronger than you think. I used the stuff on my first 82" Vulcan and it's amazing just how much rigidity it brought to the model....... just a though

Look forward to the pictures
Roy

Hi Pete.

Thank you, it is nice to be recognised as being someone who has helped inspire others to try something different. It is so good to see people are trying this build method and medium out. It's really not hard to work with, I think it's actually extremely easy stuff to use, and as I've said many times before, the cost is so much cheaper. Can you imagine how much Monique's Vixen or any of Roy's big models would've cost had they been built with balsa? I know my Vulcan and Valiant wouldn't have been built as quickly had I been having to pay for wood.

If anyone is thinking of trying it, go for it!

I'll be keeping an eye on this build Pete. Shout if you need help, we're here for you mate.

Daz