Solaris 3d

Tony Bartley

Advert

hi mark im just getting into rc helicopters before i got my solaris i've been flying my e-sky commanche.Still yet to do my maiden flight with the solaris just been checking it over found on mine that the tail sero mount was lose.The solaris is the same as the artec 3d falcon just renamed and with a couple of changes different esc and battery ours is 1800mah the artec one is 1300mah.Plenty of videos on u tube.  Cheers Tony.

tell you what, land the thing slightly heavy and kiss goodbye to the tail shaft! just done the 2nd one, along with a stabiliser bar and blades,... and I was having such fun.

Must admit though hard and as frustrating as it can be, when they're in the air and you have control the feeling is brilliant! Bachk to SMC for more parts though....

I've been flying one for a while now, it's fairly stable although it's can develop a wobble sometimes, I did have a problem with the gyro, would not switch to heading hold mode, changed that for an Eflite one, tail now much more solid, I've also changed it over to 2.4 ghz as I was getting alot of glitches.

• 3 weeks later...

I had one but... the glitching proved to be terminal, very terminal. EVERY part that needs to be straight is now bent...ho hum...I'd like to get annother when pennys allow but I think I'll pop a spectrum RX in it.

Still, was a great little helli whilst it lasted. The only tips I think are neccary are...take it out of the box, charge it, fly it. Enjoy.

Matt.

• 3 weeks later...