UKCAA 2014 Membership

Martyn K

Dear All

UKCAA membership is now officially open!

Founders and early adopters should have received their welcome letter and membership card by now and do NOT need to reapply again.

Information and a membership form is available from the UKCAA Website.

I can accept (and prefer) forms e-mailed to me. As we don't have a banking system in place at the moment (and we are missing a treasurer) membership for 2014 will be free, however, we would hope that members may make a small donation if they attend a UKCAA sponsored event,

You can (and I would encourage) you to return your application forms by e-mail, either a scan of the original form or edited using Adobe Professional or simply type out the details and return the form - using the same registered email address as used on the form. (For traceability purposes).

If you wish to join, memberships will be processed in small batches, it may take a week or two to turn your membership around, however, I will acknowledge receipt of membership forms received by e-mail.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Martyn and Steve

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have just posted my application form and looking forward to seeing you all at future meetings.

My Pattern CV started back in 1975/76 when my late Farther decided that should start to compete with a Tornado powered by a Super Tigre G60 Blue head ED carb & Pipe turning an Glass ishipla 11x7.1/3 prop. We developed our own designs based off Tornado using different wing/tail/ fuselage sections, moved the tai-plane around to find the best advantage, always progressing our designs. We never gave our designs a name through fear of bad luck apart from one design which for some reason just seemed to last. You have to remember at that time we had a very high model attrition rate due to radio problems, this model was affectionately called ' Old Wreck'. I ceased competing 1978 when I took up an Engineering apprenticeship.

Things that stick in my mind are:-

Watching Dave Hardaker loose a round due to his engine not starting,

Watching Dave Hardaker.

Geoff Franklin giving me an enormous pat on the back at a competition in choosing to fly when other competitors refused to fly due to the flying site being too small (so they said)......... The competition eventually commenced

Geoff Franklin taking me under his wing.

Kath Watson praising one of my rounds

Pestering my Dad to buy a Lightening Kit off Dave Hardaker at a competition (£20/£30 I think)

Redshift!!!

Finally I have discovered plans of our designs we used. So, does this fit the criteria as set out by the association?

Regards Sam

Hi Sam

That is wonderful and some fantastic recollections. Yes - if your designs were flown in the era then they are still valid and qualify for UKCAA events. Andy by all means bring them up to date using modern engines and radio gear (and perhaps some carbon - providing we can't see it)! Ee are not insisting on 27MHz Transmitters either!

I look forward to meeting you

Best wishes

Martyn