Glitching Throttle

Advert

Clive,

Sorry Clive but this is off thread but important, make sure you replace the screws which hold the Cabane to the Fuz with proper wood screws or better bolt the cabane to the fuz as I lost a GP Hawk due to the supplied screws pulling out of the hardwood mount in the fuz,  since built and flown a second one with the mount modified and no problems at all. It's a shocking sight to see a large heavy bipe diving towards the ground with the wings in various states of folding (top top wing pulled the lower wing upwards as the load was suddenly transfered to the interplane struts).

Hi all,

Just back from a few days in Rome and found a brand new OBG from Just Engines waiting for me in the post. According to the included note from JE they have tested the one I returned to them and (I quote) " the one you returned had a serious fault".

So whilst its not good that I had a faulty one I have to congratulate JE for there prompt and efficient service in sorting it out without any fuss (they even returned my postage costs without being asked).

I'll be fitting the replacement in the next few days and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the advice YakMad re cabane fitting, when putting the thing together I did have some doubts about suitability of screw size for the job so will head your advice and putt in bigger screws.. 

I forgot to say, the reason I need the OBG in the first place is because the tank position in the model is very high and I cant move it down without compromising the airframe strength.

The engine is an inverted Laser and because (when inverted) the carb is so low the tick over is very rich due to the (downhill) fuel flow. So the answer seems to be an OBG which certainly does the job at tick over, I just need to sort the glitching.

At last its fixed!

I fitted the new OBG and it didn't work.(glitching as before). So I looked around at other manufacturers and how they wire it in and a common thread appeared which is they all seem to use a Y lead on the throttle servo rather than have it in series like the instructions from JE show..

So I fitted a Y lead and hey presto no glitching even tried it on a range check and couldn't get it to glitch.

I've phoned JE to let them know but I'm not sure what they intend to do about it.

Thanks to all for your help and advice. Now just need some decent weather to maiden the aircraft.