Fine Tuning

Barrie Warehand

I have always preferred to build from scratch and Now I am thinking of building a quad or tricopter using one off the build guides issued on the internet.

Im fine with the construction and the circuitry but the part that never seems to be covered in detail is the final set up , which worries me. .. Is it something which just needs a bit of common sense or does it need a bit more than that.

Can anyone suggest a simple build blog which will include this final instruction .

Is my DX 5e suitable for a simple. Quad / Tricopter setup.

Thanks

Barrie

Advert

Barrie,

I built a quad at the back end of last year - just to see what the fuss was about more than anything else. I used a frame kit and other parts from Hobbyking including the motors. The ESC's I got from EBay as a set of 4 as they were special firmware version (SimonK if I remeber correctly). The flight control borad is a Hobbyking KK2.0 board and there's loads of information on setting up on the net. If you Google KK2.0 there's more information there than you can read in a lifetime but there is also a lot of very good setup information. I would recommend the board if , like me, you are completely new to multirotors. It has a 3 axis gyro and 3 axis accelerometers and an LCD display that makes it dead easy to setup without having to plug it into a PC. Best of all it only costs about £20. I've had a blast with mine so far.