TFC's Dawn Flyer

TheFlyingCrust

So I've been having a crack at the Dawn Flyer. And so far there haven't been any issues that haven't been identified by others. The rear bulkhead issue was resolved by shortening the length of the first spreader on the rear 'crutch', I've made minor mods to the wingtips, not that they were needed, and I've decided to to modify the nose a little, just to be a bit different. The fus was constructed without the front 2 formers and once the tub was finished I stood the nose in some water and pulled the sides in to about 2/3 the width of the original. I've also left the sides at the front the full width of the balsa sheet. Once dry the rubber bands were taken off to leave the new shape. Apart from being a little narrower at the nose and a little deeper construction is as per design. Here's some pics of how far I've got.

build so far.jpgnote the nose.jpg

firewall.jpg

Glued the firewall in place this evening and all's looking good.

ian

Advert

• 2 months later...

Hi All, construction now complete. The one disadvantage of pinching the nose in is the 2200 mAh Lipo is a tight fit!. But it does go in.

It needs detail adding and some graphics but I thought I'd give it its maiden flight before before completing that. Just in case!

TFCs DF 3.jpg

TFCs DF 1.jpg

TFCs DF 2.jpg

The wheels came from a local craft shop. 77p each. Yep, £1.54 a pair. They're normally for making kids toys but they are the right size except the hole for the axle. Easy to sleeve.

Ian

Edited By TheFlyingCrust on 05/06/2014 17:03:38