Wot to follow a Wot 4-E Mk2 with

I need something new to fly with the aim of improving my flying skills. So far I have flown my balsa Wot 4-E for 200 flights and am a reasonable intermediate pilot. I’ve also been flying a Joysway Dragonfly and have a Magnatilla on the building board. But I feel I need something that flies aerobatic manoeuvres well and will show off my good and bad flying. It must be:

• A Balsa ARTF (No time to build and I don’t want another foamie for this)
  • Electric 3S or 4S (big enough to fly with a bit of “presence"
  • Low wing
  • Aerobatic but not 3D

What would you recommend?

Edited By David Pearce 4 on 29/04/2014 15:34:21

Edited By David Pearce 4 on 29/04/2014 15:34:34

Advert

David, I went from a Wot 4 to a Pulse 25, very nice model. Only thing I'd say is it gets pushed around a bit in a breeze, and I found the UC plate on mine wasn't glued in well, but overall I like it, comes with me every trip to the field.

I used Turnigy electronics all round on mine, to keep the cost down.

Posted by Robin Kearney on 30/04/2014 21:21:51:

David, I went from a Wot 4 to a Pulse 25, very nice model. Only thing I'd say is it gets pushed around a bit in a breeze, and I found the UC plate on mine wasn't glued in well, but overall I like it, comes with me every trip to the field.

I used Turnigy electronics all round on mine, to keep the cost down.

Thanks Robin, that's good to know. The more I read about the Pulse 25 the more certain I am about getting one. Did you go for the 3s or 4s setup?

Cheers

Edited By David Pearce 4 on 30/04/2014 22:49:06

Posted by Robin Kearney on 30/04/2014 23:21:30:

Mines on a 3s setup, using 3300's. Chosen partly because I'm no speed freak but also again to help keeps costs down, they are the same packs I use in my Tucano. It balances just fine without lead which is helpful.

r.

Thanks again Robin. I was hoping 3s was sufficient.

David

• 4 months later...

It's taken longer than I anticipated but I am now flying an E-Flight Pulse 25 and it's a perfect. Although 3S would be fine I chose 4S as I needed them for my next aircraft so it was more economic to have the same batteries for both. So my Pulse flies for 10 minutes at half throttle and goes vertical with ease when required. Also 4S gives perfect balance without adding weights.

So thank you Rich and Robin for your recommendations, the Pulse is such a good flyer, fun and forgiving and a bit of a hoot!

David