New Li-Po receiver packs.....

There is no mention of any built in ( or recommendation to use a standalone ) regulator on these packs. Also , why is there a 3mm gold bullet style EC3 connector AND a regular servo style plug ? Surely the appropraiate plug ONLY should be fitted depending on the battery capacity EG: For the small 1350 and 2000mahr packs one could assume that these will be in small /regular models with average current draw and therefore the normal style receiver plug would be fine. The larger 4000 and 6000ma versions could have just the EC3 plug. Also, and more worrying is the complete absence of any mention about using a regulator. Unsuspecting folk could easily just buy these "receiver" packs and reasonably expect to just plug them into their "receivers". This is fine for many receivers alone, ( spekky are good up to 9v) but many servos will only tolerate 6V absolute max, and some only 4.8V.

Advert

On a similar note, I should also point out an error in a certain magazine published this month

In a section on helicopters ( see,, I do read all of it not just the bits I really lke ) someone who shall remain nameless stated in so many words that the BEC would cut the motor before the battery went too low. It was later mentioned that the LVC would continue to supply the radio even if it was discharged enough to stop the motor.

As everyone knows ....the BEC will not cut or slow the motor at all - that is the job of the LVC.

Likewise...the LVC is soley responsible for the PCO function and has NO RELATIONSHIP whatsover with the BEC supply to radio! Just thought we should clarify that for folks !

PS I have just been informed that my "Electrickery" article part 1 has been put on the forum front page twice!

Now I know it is good , but it aint that good is it David ??