Walkera QR 100S & Android devices

Ian Deeley

Has anybody had any success with flying a QR 100S with an Android device? This is apparently possible with the appropriate downloaded app (WK - Remote), & while I can see the wifi signal generated by the device, & indeed connect to it. Any attempt at flight results in nothing at all from the little chap, there's all sorts of LEDs flashing & static. But unfortunately nothing in the manual describing what each of these actually mean, or whether they're supposed to be flashing or not.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of firmware update needed in order to use Android? I don't own any apple devices, so can't try that, but I'm told I should be able to fly it with a Spectrum or JR Tx, anyone know for sure?

Thanks for your time, Ian.

Advert

Many thanks for that, it would appear that matey in the video had exactly the same problem as I do. Essentially it seems that the Walkera product, WK-Remote, doesn't work on Android. Nobody can get it to work. But, a bright spark in Vietnam has written his own version, CT-Remote, which does. This is now available for download in a couple of places, I'll try it this evening & report back.