Help sourcing Oleos

Hi chaps, heres the deal. I have fitted a set of Eflite 60-120 size retracts into my Seagull Sea Fury. On the first landing (not great, a noseover) I slightly tweaked one of the 5mm wire legs, which got stuck in the wheel well. After a lot of hassle not helped by a very slightly twisted mounting point also causing a jam, I have been looking for a set of Oleos. My first idea was a set of the Hangar 9 P-47 legs shortened slightly. These would fit into the 10mm mounting option in the trunion. Having had a quick chat with a stockist I'm not sure I can shorten them as I wanted to do. I have found a set of 140mm 60-90 sized Oleos on a well known site I can mount with the 5mm pin, but they are 4-5mm too long and not much info on the weight they can handle. I would need to be able to restrict their downward length by that 4-5mm to make them work.

Anyway, does anyone else know of a supplier where I can get a suitable size (135mm from axle to top of strut) of Oleo from?

Thanks for reading

Advert

Hi Stuey,

I fitted retracts to my Topflight P40 and used a set of Robart oleos and these you could cut to length and had a choice of pin size.

I cannot recall the model / reference number of the legs. I bought mine direct from the states saved a bit of cash that way.

Hope this is of any use to you.

Regards

Robert