Easy Glider twitchy elecy help

hi to all can u help /one of our club members today was flying his easy glider /at a range of about 200ft the ailerons were both going up and down on there own accord nearly smashing the model /brought in to land and was okso checked range with aerial down at 20 /30 ft and no probs //well we have checked battery its good so we changed it anyway/we have checked rx crystal its good so we changed that aswell/we have changed the rx /tried the switch disconnected so we went direct to receiver with battery/sent her out again guess what happened? went about100 ft and down she went no control terra firma  breaking the nose/ any suggestions would be grateful not sure wich way to go from here with model now

Advert

Kevin...details of  receiver used, battery pack, radio tr, please. Further testing could include taking receiver and servos out and doing range checking with aerial down, AND up, walking 100 foot away. Wiggling servo leads and plugs, battery leads and plug, receiver aerial, crystal in its socket. Try another tr on the same airborne gear. Battery could have failed under load ( measuring them off load dosnt reveal much really )

Any chance he was shot down ? Any chance it was dumb thumbs? Bummer

yo the man hail timbo  right tim/ rx is esky 6 channel/rx  xtal futaba can be said have this combo in for past 8mths maybe more with no probs watso ever / battery pk 2100 nimh/ radio we tried two wich are futaba ff6 and 3 wk old multiplex cockpit/servos futaba 128/////just a thought on the multiplex cockpit tranny  i did notice the volts were 7.4 on screen  i questioned the pilot about this and he was assured that the  alarm dont come on till around 7 volts /sounded a bit low to me but what the eck i no nothing about multiplex trannys only futaba witch show 11.8 fully charged and drops down after a good days flying to 10.3 what u think???///(((ps as for dumb thumbs it was i who was the pilot sHHHSSSSS))

• 2 weeks later...
well guys finally found the prob with easy glider /after going thru nearly everything / with tranny on rx connected i was checking out the servo lead for the aileron inside the wing litlle bit of glitch came on and after further investigation it was found that the red lead into the servo male socket was not contacting 100% /so took  all three out added a new connector and  guess what yep problemn solved ((hail the man)) anyway you guys who gave info cheers  (((iawnski davies)) aka cov^e

Timbo - forum moderator wrote (see)

Kevin...details of  receiver used, battery pack, radio tr, please. Further testing could include taking receiver and servos out and doing range checking with aerial down, AND up, walking 100 foot away. Wiggling servo leads and plugs, battery leads and plug, receiver aerial, crystal in its socket. Try another tr on the same airborne gear. Battery could have failed under load ( measuring them off load dosnt reveal much really )

Any chance he was shot down ? Any chance it was dumb thumbs? Bummer

Oy...get in the queue!

action stations/ probs come back  / my mate with glider probs said it had been sorted ((wrong wrong wrong)) he had it in field yesterday and tranny on /rx on /here we go again twitching like heck/ aerial down walk few feet same again twitching /  so we swop rx /xtal still same done the checks again still same /so brain wave lets use my xtal and rx c what happens guess what eureka its fine grrrrrrrrrr/so we jump on his xtal run over his rx .and alls fine flies a dream . he would like to thank you all thru me for your help on here/god he owes me big time

yes thanks eric did check with different xtals it was still same thanks/so concluded on sunday that it was £7 rx he had in it /and to be fair this is 1st to let go (((and we have around 15 rx in club that are used on epp combat and some expensive jobs with no probs .have a good week of flying you guys the weathers great