New trainer for our club

Have not posted for a while, been too busy working and playing! But as I am on crutches after work on my starboard landing gear I have time to browse the forums. Anyway for those of you that know me I run a club at school we have amassed quite an impressive school fleet mostly from donations and hand me downs. The fleet is as follows:

Zagi (post JP one!) - in hangar for TLC

X-It

SAS Venom - in hangar for refit

SAS Python - Flight ready

Flyingwings Slipstream - Flight ready

Phoenix BAE Hawk - Flight ready (Naked in need of colour scheme!)

X - Models Whisper - Flight ready

MPX Easy Glider - in hangar for new servo

I was browsing the HK site as you do and came across the Phoenix 1600 ARTF at under 35 GBP! I was after a tradition model to use alongside and to replace the much fixed MPX EG. Having seen and owned the 2000 I thought the 1600 would fit the bill as our new slope 3 ch trainer. I did not get a chance to photigraph the build, 2 of my students took it on a Tuesday and had it ready for the following days flying session. We built it as a pure glider.

We took it up the Orme, I had been flying one of y models for a while I heard the call 'Launching' and saw out of the corner of my eye the P1600 take to the sky straight as a die and not trim change needed. The smaller wing is ideal for slope and can cope with higher winds and speed. I managed to pry the TX out of the kids hands and was very impressed. We have flown it twice now and continue to be impressed with its performance as a trainer on buddy lead and low rates and as an almost VTPR model for the more able students More to follow.

p1010891.jpg

p1020127.jpg

Edited By Conwy Soarer on 28/05/2014 18:07:59

Advert