JR DSX9

Mike Healy

Well we've waited long enough for the legal anglicised version of the US labelled 9303 2.4 gz radio (which they,ve had the pleasure of waxing lyrical about for the last 6 months) and now at last it's here.

We were promised that it would be "a few pound more than the PCM9Xii" - £616 retail is, I believe more like afew HUNDRED pound more, but lets not quibble, especially as it comes as a combo, which saves us having the chore of having a few digital dervos to throw away (!!??!!).

But I'm not complaining about that, it's a cracking bit of kit (hang on a minute - I know that, 'cause I've got a PCM9Xii already) - what I'm really annoyed about is that there isn'r even a reprinted & retitled manual for your lotsa-bucks, just a tatty and badly printed leaflet explaining just a little bit about binding and fail-safes, with a few Q & A's - Nothing about ModelMatch, or installation techniques, which for me personally was the main reason for buying the new set!

The daft part is, on MacGregors own web site (the OLD one) they actually have the (Horizon Hobbies sponsored) New 9303 manual, which is exactly what it should be - try it and see.

I've contacted MacGregor to complain, and also to ask them to confirm that the 9303 manual actually IS an appropriate one for this set, with no hidden differences except for battery type and capacity. charger, and of course servos.

Does anyone else have similar or alternative views?

Advert

On a slightly less severe note, my DX7 spektrum manual which came with my set around 18 months ago ( which we all knew was JR led really ) was pretty poor, and also has several references to what is obviously the generic manual info rather than 2.4G specific. Such as there is as section in the back about "never switch on if someone else is on the same frequency as you" or words to that effect. When I brought this to their attention, they shrugged it off as " its all a bit new, and we will get around to proper manual later ! "