Fly Baby

Hi This is the original Fly Baby by Lt Pete Bowers M.A.N free flight converted to R.C with a os 15 and 2 channel at 722 span

As history goes it was a SAM legal enlargement of the 1941 Row FF Record holder enlarged 50%

I keep all the original drawing as it was I just put a radio in and a old OS15

I very nice build and with is under chamber wing section I can tell you that it never wanted to come down if some what over powered a 10 would have been perfect

He was famous for the low wing version of it and with it won many contest in is day and the wings and tail are the same as the Famous low winger but the fuselage was different I just love the shape elliptical wing tip that are laminated and so strong and the overall shape they new how to build in those day ENJOY

Next project is a 1946 Frog 45 MK2

fly-baby.jpg

fly baby (1).jpg

fly baby (16).jpg

fly baby (17).jpg

fly baby (19).jpg

fly baby (22).jpg

fly baby (23).jpg

fly baby (5).jpg

fly baby (6).jpg

fly baby (2).jpg

fly baby (42).jpg

Advert

• 4 months later...

Many thanks Guiseppe - I've got a love affair going with all things Fly Baby at the moment.

I have just restarted (after a 3 year lay-up) building the ¼ scale monoplane one (Eraldo Pomare design - RCM&E 1984) so need to finish that. Wing is 90% complete so hopefully over the next month or two I'll get the rest done.

I've a Boddo Mills twin which may be a little underpowered but I'd like to try it anyway - so I'll definitely add it to the build list

Thanks again