What's next up from a 9 x 7.5 SloFly?

Spikey

I have a 1050Kv, 520W, 35A max motor on my test rig at the moment with a 2S LiPo, and with a 9 x 6 SF it's drawing 9.8A to give 78W.

When I change to the biggest wind-shifter I have, a 9 x 7.5 SF, it's showing 11.5A for 92W.

What I'm after is 100-110w and lowest revs for a given thrust, so what sizes of SloFly prop do I try next? I just can't envisage what the effect would be of moving say from 9 x 7.5 to 10 x 4.7 ... frown

Advert

Do you just want 100w static, or do you want a specific type of flight ?

More pitch, or more diameter will give you 100w but the flight could be totally different.

A 10 x 4.7 should give more thrust and better acceleration, over the 9 x 7.5, which will give a higher top speed.

Swings and roundabouts.

The only way, (in my opinion), to choose a prop, is to fly it. You can get 100w with a flywheel.

Thanks for your input mister, but TBH my question's on the verge of becoming irrelevant for the time being, on account of the motor I intended to use with the Lazy Bee I'm building now is apparently no longer available.

I need to do some more static tests and come back before much longer with a different question ...