Flight Briefing for Pilots

Martyn K

My wife (who really enjoys shopping in charity shops) spotted these two books the other day:

dscn0735.jpg

Published in the early 1960's and sold for the princely sum of 20/- (shillings) or £1 each for those too young to remember LSD (or those who sampled too much LSD).

They were a £1 each and are a real interesting coffee table read. Introduction to aerobatics is interesting (Vol 2):

"Snap Roll - a Horizontal spin. Not recommended as this may cause structural damage". (And likely death - my annotate).

I am keeping my eyes open for volumes 3 &4 now to make up the set.

Martyn

Advert

Posted by Martyn K on 05/08/2014 11:56:57:

My wife (who really enjoys shopping in charity shops) spotted these two books the other day:

dscn0735.jpg

Published in the early 1960's and sold for the princely sum of 20/- (shillings) or £1 each for those too young to remember LSD (or those who sampled too much LSD).

They were a £1 each and are a real interesting coffee table read. Introduction to aerobatics is interesting (Vol 2):

"Snap Roll - a Horizontal spin. Not recommended as this may cause structural damage". (And likely death - my annotate).

I am keeping my eyes open for volumes 3 &4 now to make up the set.

Martyn

Alan Bramson's "Be a Better Pilot" and "Make Better Landings" were also "bibles" for many a light aircraft pilot, that will be of interest to many modellers. Still available pretty cheaply from the usual second hand sources