Spektrum DX18 Setting up flight modes - help please

Dave Rose

Hello

I am trying to set up flight modes on the tranny. The manual is useless. I have tried the internet, hopeful of a youtube tutorial, but no such luck.

Can anyone point me to step by step guide on how to do it from the start,

At this stage I am trying to create three lots of rates and exponentials on a 3 way switch on acro model. Thought I'd do it by creating three flight modes-

I'm totally confused ...

TIA

Advert

I've lost two replies on this darn Hudl already, Dave, so I'll do it in short bites.

Firstly, think of it as programming three separate models as you normally would on a Tx, although with flight modes, each mode is selected using a switch chosen by you, rather than selecting a different model.

Pete

Thanks Pete for the replies.

Unfortunately they don't really help. It seems that there is some silly little thing I can't grasp. Forgetting flight modes for a moment, I went to alter the throttle curve. I can see to alter the values but putting them to a switch or lever isn't happening. The three ( if a three way switch ) little "boxes" in a row at the bottom of the screen, seem to be flummoxing me. What do they do? Why would you change them from white to black by clicking on them? for instance.

There really needs to be a manual giving step by step guidance. Too much is assumed, by whatever guidance is written at the moment.

Don't the three (or two) little boxes show the current position of the switch you have selected, so set the switch to the first position, set the various settings to suit that position, then move the switch to the next position and change the settings for that position, and so on.( I think that's how my DX9 works - but I don't have it to hand)

• 4 weeks later...

I had the exact same problem on the new DX6. The throttle screen is very unintuitive. To get three different throttle curves via the three position switches do something like this.

1. Note there is a curve field on the throttle curve screen which can be programed as 0 or 1 or 2 or3

2. Move the cursor to where the switch is selected - by default it is set to 'on' which means throttle curve is not inhibited. Select your 3 position switch

3. For the curve field '0' select a switch position for example '2' by making it black.

4 For the curve field '1' select a switch position for example '0' by making it black.

5 For the curve field '2' select a switch position for example '1' by making it black.

(of course you could have curve field numbers the same as the switch position number but i did it like that to make it more obvious what you have to do)

You will now find the motor speed changes with the switch positions but when you look at the graph although it will display the current switch position on the graph it will only be displaying the curve that fits the curve field number.

I had top ask for help at RC groups and Andy Kuntz from Specktrum told me how to do it.

By the way, like the actual physically present switch position on the transmitter displayed on the graph which does nothing useful and only confuses, the little black mark under the switch boxes, displaying the physical position appears to do nothing useful and just makes sure you will never work out how to use that page without help!!

• 4 months later...

Agree with all that has been said. There appears to be no simple step by step approach to configuring the flight modes for sailplanes or what typical values should be used. I have a K21 glider to set up on aDX9 and haven't a clue where to start.

Nil point to spectrum for help on this.

To much knowledge is assumed here. (for sale plane)