F3B set up on ar7000

Derek

I am fairly new to the Spektrum DX7 and i am struggeling setting up my electric Graphite V tail, so far, rudder elevator on V ok, ailerons ok, flaps ok, linked gear channel to flap ,aux 1, mix flap to elevator ok, now this is were iam stuck, unable to achieve up aileron with flap down(butterfly) get one aileron going up the other down, got elevator to mix in for down with Butterfly, next, unable to get thermal trim or speed trim( aileron up with flap up and vive versa).

Seems a bit jumbled i hope someone can help?

The other question is, how will the r/x work in this fuz. as there is a lot of carbon, i thought of having the aerials just out of the fuz via tiny holes, may need to do this anyway to avoid bending the aerials?

Thanks, hope some-one can help i cant be the first , cant see any other threads to help?

Regards to all, safe landings,

Derek

Advert

Cant help much on the programming problem, they always get me tied up in knots too - eventually it usually gets sorted, and then I have to write it all down step by step, cos I forget it next time!

I do sometimes exit the aerial wires through small holes and it seems fine. remember to put a small blob of glue on the wires where they exit the receiver case - they are prone to lose insulation, and potentially fracture here.

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/glue.jpg

Horizon Hobbies have previously confirmed to me in writing that the AR7000 correctly installed and operated, will be fine within a c/f fuselage...but I am not so sure I would trust it. Heres an extract from my comms with them a couple of years back.

5) Will the receiver(s) work completely satisfactorily when enclosed within a carbon fibre, or metallic painted fuselage

Yes, they will work when enclosed in CF.

6) Do both receiver aerials have to be orientated horizontally ( I know they should be orientated at right angles to each other ) but could the small one for instance be mounted with the wire aerials vertically.

You can mount the antennas vertically or horizontally with no problems.

Whatever you do, do a full and thorough range test with the bind button system before you fly!

Err, I think we are at cross purposes here Eric me old fruit ? The picture was merely to show Derek what I had done regarding gluing the aerials where they exit the cases ( his later version incidentally comes from the factory with grommets - these early versions did not )

The text was a question to HH regarding the orientation of the two receivers and their inbuilt aerials relevant to each other and had no relaevance to the picture