Movement in clevis

Hi all

I'm in the middle of putting together a seagull edge 180 size and have a little issue.

I have hanger 9 servo arms on all servos and factory supplied clevis' son my control rods for both aliarons and elevator servos. Problem I have is there is a lot a little movement between clevis and servo arm. The hole in the arm is to big for the clevis causing unwanted movement on both aliarons and elevators. Can anyone please recommend a better way of connecting servo arms to control rods. I've not flown it yet, but am getting towards the end of the build and don't want glitter on control surfaces. New to this large scale petrol flying so any help would be great.

Advert

Hi Steve. They look great, if not a little expensive. Mind you, £30 vs £800 for the whole plane if kind of a no brainer.

Can say that I've ever seen them before, would I jut do a whole plane as it says there is 5 of everything, or would it just do a pair of elevators or aliarons or all 4 surfaces?

I think you have it in a nutshell there Craig.....a broken elevator linkage will destroy the model so £30 seems a small price to pay....

I've not used them myself but all the big petrol flying guys at my club are big fans of Mr Tindalls stuff....my understanding is that one kit has enough ends, carbon tube etc for one model but I'm not sure....give Pete a call & I'm sure he'll talk you through it....wink 2

Absolutely! Although not experienced enough for such a large model (yet!) I have fitted the PT carbon rod system to other models and I think £30 is well spent. They are well thought out and engineered, totally slop free. Pity he doesn't do a 40 size version, I'll fit them on all of mine as well!

Hi stevo

I feel I'm in the same boat as you. Not that experienced. I've bought this model as my 3rd plane. Started off with an Riot, then went on to a bitro powered Acro wot then have bought this. I just a hope I haven't bit off more than I can chew. 😲

I'll give the shop a bell tomorrow and ask there advice. If £30 will cover 4 surfaces then I'll defo see about getting them. Worth while investment. In one kit only does 1 surface then I'll add them on to the shopping list. The wife is going mad with the way I'm spending money on this model at the moment. 😁😁

Looking at the weather, don't suppose there is much rush for them as it's been awfull round my way recently.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll give them a bell tomorrow. The set suited to my need are out of stock according to the website. I've only got a 35 DLE engine. The one's up to 50cc are not in stock. Unless the 100cc once would do. Same price as well. Will give them a bell tomorrow.

As for not taking it with you, I tend to agree. However I can use that excuse as my wife has a great fondness for shoes and bags. That would give here the green light to go mad. Lol