Flair Patriot rebuilding plane and need help as no instructions.

Hi all

think even for this site and all the great help I have been given this may be a tough one.

I have bought a built Flair Patriot and the overall quality of build is very nice. Covering has seen better days but am in the process of renewing.

image.jpg

Problem is no instructions so know nothing including the important one .... Where is the C of G. Any help on this and any other information greatly received. Am fitting a 91 OS Four Stroke in her which was what came out. To back this up the existing hole in the aluminum cowl matches perfectly. Also need a new pilot but no idea of scale.

Here is crossing my fingers that you guys can help as really want to get her airborne. Last question any recommended undercarriages as it seems the original was wire from fixing holes in hardwood. Any good sturdy ones someone can recommend.

thanks all

Edited By Nigel Finch on 17/11/2014 19:33:05

Advert

Hi Nigel,

It's your lucky day, by shear coincidence I am re-locating my model room to the attic to make way for household alterations and have a Flair Patriot kit.

The instruction state as follow, "......Mount the wing and invert the aircraft. Place pieces if lead on the cowl until the model balances NOSE SLIGHTLY DOWN when supported on your fingers between 6 and 12mm in front of the main spar....." The main spar is 108mm from the leading edge at the fuselage side

As for the pilot, Flair produced a pilot called Winston if you can get hold of one. He measures 103mm tall and 106mm wide.

The engine range is 48 - 70 four strokes should have no problem with a 91 in her the bigger engine should reduce the amount of ballast needed.

Although you have not asked for the control movements as i have the instructions in front of me they are as follows.

Rudder: 50mm each way

Elevators: 15mm each way

Ailerons: 16mm up and 8mm down

These are suggested as a starting point for initial flights.

Hope this helps you get in the air and happy flying

Regards

Robert

• 8 years later...