seagull msx-r

Advert

A 50cc engine in the same model John? Really? That would be crazy and over twice the size of the suggested engine - you'd need to strengthen the model to accommodate such an engine and that's way outside any review remit.

Apologies if I've misunderstood you but the model reviewed is a freestyle aerobatic at best and certainly no bespoke 3d machine. Seagull don't make a bigger version of the model so I assume you're referring to something from another maker?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 09/01/2015 17:43:31

Sorry David , if I was a bit confusing , its a 50cc size msx-r fitted with a 60cc engine , and its not a seagull , however it is exactly the same in all respects to the seagull only bigger .

I'll get some video of it performing 3d with ease the next time he brings it out

Edited By john melia 1 on 09/01/2015 17:56:08

Ultra light build ? And I'm sure the seagull version will be built more or less exactly the same , I had the hobbyking version and it also was capable of 3d maneouvres.

All I'm saying is the msx-r is definately capable of performing 3d , Martins is exactly the same as my hobbyking version , built exactly the same when compared , the only difference from mine to his is the amount of movement he has on the control surfaces .

Anway it is a very nice model , I would change the aluminum wingtube out for a carbon one as I've read a few reports on other forums about the quality of the tube , and some have landed with unexpected dihedral , I'm thinking of getting the 30cc sized one from hobbyking european warehouse if it doesnt exceed there shipping weight