Bowman Models

BSR

Hi,

looking for a unstarted, started, plan or anything in between Bowman Sportsman? Its a low winger from the 70's-80's and possibly beyond?

I have contacted Anglia Models and they don't seem to have the plans to hand anymore so casting further into the modelling pool!

Please let me know what you have, Thanks.

Sorry can't help with your request, but the mention of Bowman Models does bring back some wonderful memories of my first real successes with R/C back in the late '70s. Their Simple Simon glider was my first model that worked reliably - the Futaba radio was a big help. I recall having a Simple Sailman as well. I also had a very pretty aileron / V tail sloper, the name of which I can't recall. Met Stan Sawyer, Bowman's designer at an indoor meeting a while back - a really nice chap.

Hi BSR

Sorry I have had a look through mine and it does not appear ...yet! but I will keep an eye out for you.

Have you tried here?

http://www.model-plans.co.uk/

Although it is not listed it may well be worth an email, he is a really nice Guy and has helped me in the past in fact we have swopped plans so I think worth an email even if nothing comes of it!

Hope that helps.

Nige.

Edited By Nigel Dell on 16/01/2015 11:01:46

I have emailed model-plans as suggested, hopefully something will come up. This plane is really something from my youth, I always wanted one but funds and time never seemed to line up. Fingers crossed, if anybody has anything to chip in please do! However, if it did not fly well or the design was less than perfect.... please don't shatter my dream

Purely for completeness, as it's not strictly relevant to the OP, may I suggest the "very pretty aileron/v-tail sloper" mentioned above was the Bowman Jubilee, from 1977.

I was surprised to see the plan is still available from here, albeit it's not a very flattering picture:

http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/22075/rm178-jubilee

XK50

And if you ever get the chance to get your mitts on a Bowman's Spatman - grab it with (both!) mitts!

A smashing, compact 3 function plane to bring out the latent hooligan in anybody, especially when slightly over powered by putting a 20 on the front. Tough as old boots too, loved mine.

I had a Simple Simon, very simple to build and similar to the Dave Hughes Soarcerer. I chucked my Simon off first flight and the wing folded - I had an idea the wood was too soft !! we learn. Repaired with a new spar it flew for years and was great fun, I fitted ailerons and took out the dihedral and it still went well.

• 1 month later...