Trinity Head Tracker

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

I have just installed my new Trinity head tracker to the Dominator V2 goggles. Connected the cable and set up as follows on the Taranis.

1. Cable plugged into trainer port to the left of the mini USB socket.
  2. Plugged the servos for pan an tilt into channels 6/7 on a X8R Rx
  3. Set those channels in the mixer page for TR1 and TR2
  4. Set the weight of each for 150%
  5. Fired everything up and pressed the HT button on the V2
  6. Nothing!

Any ideas please. I have followed the various instructions on You Tube and FPV forum without success. It seems a bit strange that on at least two YouTube clips the source in the mix was set for PPM.

Is anyone running this system?????

Regards.

I'm not running this system SC so I can't give specific advice. But one or two things I can tell you. Firstly "PPM" was the old name for "TR" in version 1 of OpenTx - so that's consistant in that PPM1 would be TR1 now.

I suppose obvious questions are:

Are you sure that the goggles are outputting pan and tilt on channels 1 and 2 of the trainer port?

Have you checked the channel monitor to see if its picking up the pan and tilt signals on 6 and 7?

Why is the weight set at 150%? Maybe set to 100% for starters at least?

Just some thoughts to get you started.

BEB

PS Another thought - do you know the pulse width the goggles are outputing? Do you need to reset this in servos?

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 22/01/2015 22:45:05

Chris has a good point there - I don't think the whole thing will work if Taranis isn't "listening" to the trainer port.

Also - the channel monitor is your friend in jobs like this. If its not working there then you have a Tx side problem. If it is working there you have camera pan&tilt problem!

One final thing - please don't be offended! - but you are 100% sure you are in the trainer port and not the headphone socket! It is so easy to get that wrong - ask me how I know that! embarrassed

BEB

Thanks for the advice chaps. I would have had a go today but the weather was so good I decided to go flying instead! The go discover flying wing was fantastic and my second hand HobbyKing Venus went a treat. Bit chilly but well worth the effort as it was a beautiful day. Oh well off to night duty!