Multi channel video/ photo recording

im just starting a new project based around a Volantex Ranger Ex. It will have FPV but only shortish range stuff - I am not intending to break any rules but it will have good duration.

What I'd like to do is mount multiple 1 or 2gram cameras around the Airframe and route them through a video switcher so I can choose which 'channel' to fly through - all pretty simple stuff so far and the kit to do it is all fairly readily available. But....

What I'd also like to do is record the feed from each camera before it is fed to the switch prior to outputting thought the VTX. The idea I have is for each camera to have a micro SD card for recording on. The question I have is what's the best way to go about this?

Is there a product available that will do this already? If so what's it called! Or could I buy several 808 keychain cameras and remove the camera portion, put it on extentions (I won't want to mount the whole thing in some places.) and mount the board inside the model?

Thoughts on this would be really appreciated. For info I am thinking probably four maybe five cameras. One FPV on the nose, (I can get one that does micro SD recording.) a camera high up on the Vertical Stab and one on each wingtip, these are the ones I'd like the camera to be split from the recorder if that makes sense?

Is there one board that will take multiple inputs and record all simultaneously perhaps?

Any thoughts anyone?

If there is Chris - I don't know it! We've done something similar with 4 GoPro's on one multi-rotor. That used local SD cards in each camera and a central video switching unit to decide which one was routed to the VTX. `That meant we had recording on all channels but viewing on any one single channel. I'm not aware of any sort of multplexing recorder that is small enough to be lifted - but of you do find one I'd be very interested to hear about it!

BEB