2nd Question about solarfilming a wing

Hi all,

I've now covered my wing (dark blue underside, white on top) and I'm reasonably happy with the result but I could do with some tips for getting a straight line between the colours where the top covering overlaps the bottom covering at the leading edge.  On this model I will cover the somewhat wavy line with a strip of black solartrim to hide it but I'd like to do a better job on my next model.

Thanks in advance,

Steve 

Advert

Steve, I know exactly what you mean.

I've got the most appalling wavy line along the leading edge of one of my models - with balsa showing through in places

I use a straight edge, and a single edged razor blade as sold by hardware stores - this ensures a clean cut, but only use the blade for one or two cuts, then put it to one side for balsa, and use another. The films we use (and indeed other man made materials like depron) take the edge off a blade very quickly.

Otherwise design the colour scheme to make the ovelap easier - e.g. LE topside and bottomside the same colour - or stick checks on the bottom to make it harder to spot the wavy lines

AlistairT