motors for EDF Lear jet

Hi all looking fr some help I was lucky enough to pick up a EDF like this one  leajet and i am looking for some moters and ESC for it they recomend KV3500 outruners and was looking at some of budject rc range if any one can pass some recomadtions or had any expearance with the lear jet I would like to hear from them. i know BRC recomends e400 but i,m looking for something a bit cheaper  

Many thanks

Martyn  

Advert

Thanks timbo but I think the inruners are to heavy as they are position so fare back  and the top one is only 840 kv the problem is i should think is finding a good motor at a resonable cost i have been looking at this  one or this one  but to sure abot thsts motors .I car,nt sem to find to much about the kit and i must admit feel a bit guilty about asking help from a shop as i got the kit second hand .

Martyn

I did not use this in the model you are talking about. I put one in a foam delta. I used 30A (or maybe 40A can't remember) Emax ESC and a  3s 2200 mah Lipo. Took me a while to get used to hand launching ( I have only been flying for a year) but new I have the hang of it it flies well and will cruses around at half throttle no problem.. Draws about 25-27A on the ground I assume this is less in the air because I have never had any problems with overheating. Club members call it the dentists drill because it screams at such a high pitch when flat out.

Hi Martyn.... sorry about the link - seems that purple power site is up the creek with its links ! It says that the last number in the model number grouping designates the Kv so one would expect when clicjking on a motor designated as 3520, one would link to a 3520 Kv motor yes ? - not so, it took me ( and you obviously ) to a 600 KV instead ! The 2 motors you looked at on budget RC have very little info about their current capacity etc, so I cannot recommend them - besides, that company is not in my good books at present

That sounds fun Bruce and to think I went to Electric to reduce the noise .and the other info will be useful. No problem timbo I must admit I find there website and listings a bit confusing sometimes and as for the other one the information as you say is a bit sparse but thanks all the same but if you see anything let me know. 

Martyn 

I think that BRC is usually pretty inexpensive to be honest, and if they recommend a particular motor then its probably the best for the job at a reasonable cost - especially if you factor in the after sales service, after all if you get something really cheap and its a duffer, you may have no recourse and ultimately a bargain may prove a bummer.

Remember also that with a twin, you need both motors to be on song and reliable, or it may cost a lot more

Call me Tuesday with regard to a pair of 3500kv out-runners sat here, with "cooling" extensions [have you ever seen a littlescreamer EDFmotor? Looks very similar]. If the model is the one I think it is, high kv motors will be a waste of time as they will cavitate and produce no more thrust....[we have been there]...and if it's the model I'm thinking of, then it has 68mm multi-blade fans...out-runner would be best.

Thanks  Scott  the model is one you stocked at EFC  (this one) I think its a scale flying model (SF) it comes with a 3 blade fan and yes it recomends a outruner. where should I call you BRC or EFC and once again thanks. also best of  luck in your new role i hope it all works out for you  

Martyn    

Hi Scott i pickup the motors from the post office this morning ( only open 8-12 during the week)  i see what you mean about the motor mountings great Idea they always will keep the motor  cool it will be a while before i get to use them  but thanks for all your and BRC hobbies help

Martyn