Converting KV figures to wattage

Well Scott knows his stuff with this sort of conversion...so I guess its a good deal. As I said earlier though, he recommends a 4s too, and that should pan out at around 38A for the 10 X 5 ( static ) so you will need a decent 4s to hold voltage and give reasonable duration.... say a  20C 3000mahr which would then be working at 12C which is nice and comfy, ( about 30A in the air ) so reckon on around 6 minutes flight....depending on throttle use.

You might be getting a little close to the motors current limit on the 11 X 7 (  48A ....static again of course ) and its only rated at 40A constant according to the web info. To get it to 700Watt on a 4s would need 50A and the short burst is only 55A. Besides, a large prop like that would probably look a bit naff on it ? and anyway you want  reasonable turn of speed so maybe a 10 X 6 / 7 / or even 8 would get it cooking nicely and return a decent pitch speed. 500 + watts on a 5/6 lb model should be fine for a prop driven "jet" its EDF where you need the big figures  -props are much more efficient generally.

Yep...pretty cheap.... for the UK 

Advert

It'll be a while before I'm ready to fit a motor, so I'll keep looking elsewhere. Any suggestions?

P.S I've made a modification to the elevator control. The original had a complicated system of bowden cables going through the tailplane, and bent wire and ball joints etc above the tailplane. So I've used two normal Pete Tindall horns under the elevator and will fill the holes in the tailplane, unless anyone knows why it must be done as per the plan.