Lipo Balancing

I recently allowed a lipo to overdischarge and had to ditch it. 

I then bought a Kongpower 2200mAh Lipo from Al's Hobbies (as this is claimed to be more robust)along with a Dualsky ESC, program card and Voltage checker. After fitting gold connectors, checking for compatibility of an existing motor to the ESC using a Nicad, I was ready for charging and balancing the Kong with my relatively new Bantam BC6 and MPX/TP Battery Adaptor, sold by another retailer as being "universal".

I thought all was going too well, because when I attempted to attach the balancing plug, Sods law came into play and it didn't fit any of the 4 sockets on the adaptor. Al's said they couldn't help but did offer a refund if the battery was returned in pristine condition - now difficult since I have soldered the connectors on. 

How can we beginners hope to overcome the mysteries of e-flight when we can't even buy compatible equipment. Surely it's time that the retailers and model magazines started to bring some pressure on the various manufacturers to standardise their fittings, or is this a ploy to make us buy only their range of products?

Finally, does anyone know where I can obtain a compatible adaptor between a Kong LiPo and BC6 charger. I just want to fly!

Advert

Thanks Timbo but I'm not that much of a techie & don't even have a digital camera yet.

Battery is a 3S (11.1v) 25c

Can you let me have your address by e-mail and I will send you a photocopy of the socket and adaptor.

Philo

Hi Phil, You don't need to do the e-maily stuff. Work out your connecter type by looking hereand the once you know what you have you can buy the appropriot addapter from here, and check the next page of listings since there are three there too. hope I'me being useful, birdy Also, unrelavent to the thread may it be, its probably best not to give out your e-mail on the internet - "message member" it to the person - Who knows who might find it?

Well done birdy - I forgot about that article ( and I only linked someone to it a few days ago )

I think the adaptor he requires is this one - the newre Kong Power packs have the TP plug I believe.

Also, you are correct - email and other personal info should not be put in public forums - Phil...do as suggested and fill in a bit on your profile if not already done so. TA