ESC to motor wiring

I would appreciate some advice please, I have a jet fan 80 with a het 700 68 2100 which is assembled . The three motor wires are short and tinned and I clearly need to extend these to reach the esc location. I do not want to use two sets of gold plugs and wondered the best way to hardwire to the motor. I am a beginner to edf but experienced modeller. I have seen the hard wiring that you can pay to have done and wonder what is done to get it neat and reliable ? any advice appreciated.

Good wishes.

Advert

In an EDF you don't want bulky joints sticking out into the airflow, so plan where your joint can be housed before you start snipping

You can add a length of suitable sized wire into the circuit by cutting and soldering in piece - the best way is to slip some heat shrink on the wire (the bit I usually forget) strip the insulation back about 15mm, twist them tightly together then bind them tight with some very fine wire (I use the thinnest of fuse wire) to get a strong mechanical join, the flux and solder together and - use a paste flux and electrical solder a good hot iron - put the heat shrink over the joint and use the iron to shrink it tight