Low wing planes

Advert

You will get loads of answers here. If you can get one, a Blackhorse Canter will do you. I had a 50FS in mine and I had a ball with it until Iliterally wore it out... That was my first lo winger.

One to steer clear of is the Blackhorse Tornado. I takes forever to get airborne, that's not just me, I've seen it again on here and other forums...despite me upping the engine and converting to tail dragger.

If you want something like a pulse, same flying character and build quality, but a bit more robust, why not look at a Great Planes Escapade, either the standard version or the mid wing Escapade MX. Both fly really well and are a lot more robust than a Pulse. I've owned and flown all three and the Escapade MX is really good and precise. I think it's also cheaper than the Pulse at around £125.

Returning to the OP, why not an Acrowot, the artf is cheaper than building the kit version but the kit one is tough as old boots and would be good with a 52 2 stroke. Cheapest around for the kit is Hobbystores.co.uk.

The Servoshop do a semiscale pylon racer, Barbera Jean which would be missile like on a 52, they also do the kyosho calmato 40 which is every bit as good as the pulse but sturdier.

Just my 2p.

Edited By Braddock, VC on 28/06/2015 13:57:13

Edited By Braddock, VC on 28/06/2015 14:38:34

Calmato 40 is a nice flyer. On my second engine in it. Upped it to a .52. Covering's a bit brittle, but don't get the orange one, as the colouring makes the wings disappear on turns when at a distance. I have some fluorescent orange strips on mine now , after tearing the covering. Also I'm finishing off an ARTF Acro Wot at the moment, as everyone seems to like an Acro Wot. I've also got a Cougar2000. Again nice flyer.BH Super Air is another very nice flyer , but can tip stall on landings if you forget and bring her in too slow.