Flair Fokker DR1

I picked up a nicely built Flair Fokker tripe at the Wings & Wheels show this weekend. I did notice that the rudder had a bit of minor damage on it, not enough to stop me flying it, but something I intend to rectify in the fullness of time.

Could someone kindly photocopy the fin build up on the plan for me? I intend to keep using the plane until the new rudder is ready.

Also, not sure how the rudder attaches to the fuz. It looks like a 'hinge pin' locks the two together. Difficult to see as everything has been nicely covered.

One other thing. The front cabane struts look like they have been re-glued on. Its a glued butt joint and therefore not very strong. Is it a good idea to strengthen this joint?

Thanks!

Advert

Brian,

Attached is a picture of the hinge pin detail from the plan. The hinge pin method is certainly one I have used on two 1/4 scale models (DVIII and Dr1) and is typical. The rudder is slightly bigger than A4 size so I will try to copy that at work tomorrow. I can send via email (would need you to message me your email address) so you can print or via snail mail?

On the plan, the cabane struts are bolted to metal rigging plates that are glued to hardwood strips inside the fuselage.

Hope this helps

Rob

fokker dr1044.jpg