VQ Messerscmitt BF 108 - anyone know about this kit

Hi all,

I am looking at this for my next project but info seems limited even on the web sites selling it. Does anyone know if this is a intermediate flyer plane or expert and if a ASP 91 FS would fit in the cowl or will most of it hang out. Am looking for a fairly clean engine install. Also how do these fly are they any good or a handful. Any information and help as always greatly appreciated, thanks

Advert

I believe VQ are rebadged Air Loisirs kits (or vice versa?). I seem to recall reading a few comments to the effect that they tended to be slightly on the heavy side, but have no personal experience of them

A clubmate had a VQ Hurricane which flew ok once the usual range of generic ARTF issues had been fettled.

I had a Air Loisiers MIG WW2 fighter. Very much an average flyer, marginal ailerons cos pre fitted too tight, and retracts were a nightmare to fit, cos they had pre fitted the well cover and the linkages had to be bent blind. Fittings of dubious quality. Better makes on the market methinks. I would imagine the BF108 would have a fair bit of the cylinder head in the breeze