Superglue activator

Spice Cat

Advert

I would be very careful of any superglue activator as when I tried it, I thought I was having a heart attack!

I threw it away immediately. Save yourself some money and get a fine mist spray bottle from Poundland and spray a mist of water on the glue. It's what cures it.

We use way too many "clever" solvents in this game and many are quite unnecessary. I've even resorted to a quick spit. That works too!

Cheers,

MrTin

I bought a similar item on Ebay recently and it was completely hopeless. Stick to (!) standard kickers intended for model/hobby use. I find the Bob Smith industries stuff to be very good and well priced for a large bottle from Hobby King UK (badged as Insta -Set Accelerator).

I don't use kicker very often, after all, cyano is pretty quick as it is. I have tried the water spray trick before, but a few times, the joint took on a rather milky appearance and looked a bit brittle to me.

Edited By Cuban8 on 23/07/2015 12:39:24

Posted by Cuban8 on 23/07/2015 12:25:41:

I don't use kicker very often, after all, cyano is pretty quick as it is. I have tried the water spray trick before, but a few times, the joint took on a rather milky appearance and looked a bit brittle to me.

Edited By Cuban8 on 23/07/2015 12:39:24

I am not sure how a joint can "look" brittle but to allay your fears water spray does work very well indeed. I have never had an issue with any joint I have done with cyano and never heard of any issues either.