Battery Charging

Captain Slow

Hi Tim,

I wil be using a standard ripmax 150ma nicd/nimh tx charger that is  incapable of burping (or any other form of wind related discharge).

Please can you elborate on the relavance of your comment or am I ok whacking these on overnbight? It's a 2400 nimh tx battery for a ff7. 

Yes you should be Ok, but if it a standard wall-wart type charger, then do NOT leave NiMHs on for longer than around 14 hours from "empty". If they start to feel more than slightly warm...they are overcooking and will die. Nicds will tolerate being "left to simmer" much more readily. Plug in wall-wart slow chargers do NOT peak detect, and were really only designed for Nicds.

Many many models around these days C/S - I think the Pro Peak Prodigy are pretty decent basic chargers, I have one amongst my "collection" and it always does its job pretty well.

Heres my well worn prodigy. Its a bit limited for me these days due to only handling up to a 3s LiPo ( it is marked as LiIon, but does Lipos just as well ) The later versions of this charger have probably improved a lot.

I am not particularly endorsing this product as such, and as I say.... there are loads around these days.....depending on how fat your wallet is.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/eunos800/d4f4b54d.jpg